US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did the right thing by standing up for Tibet.
| A Message from |
SFT's Tendor about the Enough! Campaign
Watch the Video
Since the launch of the Enough! Campaign for Global Intervention to Save Tibetan Lives, Tibetans and supporters worldwide have been working to secure this kind of high-level political support for Tibet. Now, we need to redouble our efforts.
Watch a short video message from Tendor, SFT's Executive Director.
Then help take this campaign to the next level of political influence. Send a letter to European Union High Representative Catherine Ashton, urging her to Stand Up for Tibet.
On Monday, SFT released rare footage smuggled from Tibet to the international media. The extraordinary video shows Palden Choetso's self-immolation and the overwhelming reaction by the Tibetan community in response to her ultimate act of nonviolent protest; over 10,000 Tibetans attended a candlelight vigil on the morning of her funeral. View the footage (Warning: video contains graphic and disturbing images).
Tibetans in Tibet need a reason to hope. They need to know their desperate cries for help are being heard around the world and that our leaders are taking action to hold the Chinese government accountable.
Please take 5 simple actions today:
- Send a letter to UN High Representative Catherine Ashton urging her to Stand up for Tibet.
- Follow-up your letter with a phone call to your elected representatives's offices to request a face-to-face meeting to discuss with the the human rights crisis in eastern Tibet.
Helpful talking points and further background information.
- Help us reach 50,000 pledges at StandUpforTibet.org, especially from prominent individuals and celebrities.
- Sign and share the Avaaz Petition to Save Tibetan Lives. The goal is to deliver 1,000,000 signatures to world leaders by December 10, International Human Rights Day.
- Make a donation to help sustain and intensify the Enough! Campaign.
In solidarity and action,
Tendor, Kate, TenDolkar, Stef, Evie and the rest of us at SFT HQ
P.S. Help us sustain and intensify the Enough! Campaign for Global Intervention to Save Tibetan Lives by making a donation:
Recent press coverage:
Self-immolation in China (Channel 4): http://is.gd/eIKYxC
Video released by Tibetan rights group allegedly shows Buddhist nun burning herself in protest (Washington Post): http://is.gd/KVIuJy
Video purports to show Tibetan nun self-immolating (AFP): http://is.gd/QyWkVG
Tibet group video allegedly shows nun burning (Taiwan News): http://is.gd/1NgulQ
SFT's press release on the footage smuggled from Tibet:
Secretary of State Clinton's public remarks at the APEC Summit: http://is.gd/XWskEq