| Watch & share in English |
Watch & share in Tibetan
A new generation of Tibetans – inside Tibet and in exile – are rising up.
In spite of China's military stranglehold on their nation, Tibetans are boldly asserting their identity and desire for freedom.
The uprising is spreading through videos, songs, poems, and literature.
This Thursday, March 10th marks 52 years since Tibetans rose up and demanded China end the occupation of their country.
Now...a new generation of Tibetans is determined to finish what began a half century ago.
Join the global uprising for Tibet and march for freedom. Find a protest near you: www.March10.org
On Facebook? Change your profile picture for March 10
Below are 5 simple ways you can take action.
- Watch & Share SFT's March 10 video. Inspire people to join the Tibetan freedom movement (available in Tibetan and English).
- Join the Global Text Action for Norzin Wangmo, a Tibetan woman imprisoned for 5 years by China for relaying information over the phone and Internet about human rights abuses in Tibet.
- Raise the Tibetan Flag everywhere on March 10th.
- Organize a Tibetan Renaissance Event on your campus or in your community and share the new music videos and poems from Tibet.
- Read & Share "Tiananmen 2.0: Why China Is Not Immune to the Tunisia Effect" by Tendor, SFT's Executive Director
This March 10th, we pledge to redouble our efforts to support the new uprising in Tibet. We hope you will join us.
Bod Gyalo. Tibet Will be Free.
Tendor, Tendolkar, Stefanie, Mary-Kate, Tentsetan, and Kate